Thursday, March 4, 2010

Steak Tips....mmmm good!

I am usually not a fan of steak. However, steak tips cannot be beat. The hubby and I love steak tips. I mean LOVE. I once begged a guy at SteakOut to tell me how they made their steak tips. (I literally sat there and begged!!!) The only thing I was able to get out of him was a good olive oil, great soy sauce and garlic. That was it. So I came up with my own marinade and we absolutely love it. Sooooo good!

Steak Tips:
  • 1 1/2-2 lbs Sirloin Steak chopped into cubes (this is easier to do if the meat is slightly frozen or you can have your butcher do it)
  •  1 1/2 c. soy sauce
  • 1/2 c. olive oil
  • 1/2  medium onion, minced
  • 1 tsp garlic paste
  • 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together. Put everything in a covered bowl or a plastic bag. Marinate for 4-6 hours stirring or mixing occasionally.

Soak bamboo skewers in water for 20 min. Thread meat on skewers. Grill until cooked. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment